Thursday, May 04, 2006

A MINI weekend


Tonight I arrived in Fontana, NC for a weekend with about 600 other MINI enthusiasts. The event is called MINIS on the Dragon, and basically is a weekend of driving on stunning twisty and scenic roads, plus of course all kinds of other activities such as mountain biking, running and rafting. The main attraction here though is a road called Tail of the Dragon or Deal's Gap, which is an 11 mile stretch of US 129 with 308 turns right at the TN / NC border. It basically is like a wild amusement park ride, and after a couple rides up and down it you are about as dizzy like after a crazy roller coaster ride.
It is quite unusual though for me to attend an event like that, as I really see myself more as an individual versus a group / fraternity type person. But I wanted to be open minded and at least check it out.
I'll try to post some other pics in an updated blog, but the pic here shows my little MINI after arriving in this beautiful area.

2 comments:

My Life Unfolded said...

A Mini weekend sounds like a lot of fun. Have a great time and I look forward to seeing the mini pictures!

Herbert said...

Thank you very much.